With the charities sector in Northern Ireland now being overseen by our own Charities Commission organisations in this sector need to have robust systems of governance.
The accounting function in the not for profit sector is specialist and ranges from large organisations reporting their financial statements by adhering to SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice for Charities) right down to tiny organisations requiring an Independent Examination.
No matter what size your organisation you can rest assured our team of experienced staff will see to it that you meet your legal requirements.
Your accountant should be able to demonstrate competency and we do so by being members of both the Association of Charity Independent Examiners and Chartered Accountants Ireland.
Our specialists will give you assistance in a whole range of Charity Accounting and Governance including:-
- NI Charities Commission Registration
- NI Charities Commission returns (Accounts and Annual Report)
- Audit v Independent Evaluation
- Information for a Trustees Annual Report
- Specific requirements for charitable companies
- Charities structure, governance and management